Saturday, July 6, 2013

Musical Prayers...

Get it? Like chairs..!

:D

Good stuff music. It's so easy, to be sitting in your room, singing and chanting the words of God at the top of your lungs and just completely lose yourself in it! :) That was me this morning, and at least MOST of me found its way back again...

My voice didn't. At least not completely... well done Ingrid, well done. :p

But that's okay, because it was a pretty easygoing day anyway. :)
Pshht, who needs a VOICE when you have LOVE pulsing away in your fingertips. ;-)

It was wonderful actually. There are two elderly Baha'is in the Kirkwall community, living only a short walk from where I do. So it was a nice day to go visit them and share a prayer together. :)

They seemed to really enjoy it as well, which is wonderful. At least I hope they did! But as I was going to leave, I looked into their eyes as I thanked them for spending that time with me, and they really smiled back. So it makes you feel like they totally liked to see you too. :D

Good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the Scottish Bahai Summer School coming up soon. :)
Should be wonderful.

Speaking of which, they sent us a bunch of quotes the other day. :D
Here's one on selfishness that made me think a little..

"... This is a strange trait and means of the destruction of many important souls in the world. If man be imbued with all good qualities but be selfish, all the other virtues will fade or pass away and eventually he will grow worse."
- ‘Abdu’l-Bahá (Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha, pg. 730)

WHooaa! That's some pretty serious stuff.
ALL the other virtues! So pretty much, if you only live your life with this love for yourself, all the other good qualities and virtues you may possess will not make a difference. :o Because you're only living for yourself anyway.

Well then, gonna have to strive towards selflessness. :)

My love to you all, wherever you may be.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment