Friday, July 5, 2013

Always ask.


I think this applies to most things in life, because when you think about it, there are few things as powerful as a true, honest question.

Questions are amazing things. They happen when we realize that there is something we want to understand, but don't yet, and officially decide to take that first step in making that happen. They make us grow as we learn from them. And it's through questions that our minds fill with all these wonderful new ideas about the world, that we might otherwise have missed out on.

And to think, that's where this all begins. A question.

I was thinking about questions yesterday, as a friend of mine very lovingly invited me to hear one of her friends performing at a youth cafe. Of course I said yes, and went along! :)

But ahhh, the questions I should have asked!

Nevertheless it took me back a bit! To the days when I may have fit in to those sorts of concerts a bit better ;) (See image). But honestly, after a few hours of loud heavy metal music, I decided it may have been nice to have asked a couple o' questions beforehand.

Not that I probably wouldn't have gone anyway! It was definitely a good thing to bond with said friend over a little awkwardness and dodgy headbanging. ;) As a side note, she is amazing actually, and getting into music herself! So if you feel so moved, feel free to mosey over to her youtube channel and check her out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpiCu3KFdRQ). ;)

So what I'm deciding to take away from all this, besides my headache and throbbing ears, is regarding INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION of the truth people! Because that's a lesson that just totally fits... ;)

But yes, I suppose it is easy to listen to the things others say and draw your own ideas and conclusions from it, but its something else entirely to investigate things for yourself, ask your own questions, and shape your own understandings. I think its a wonderful thing to be curious! :)

So, disclaimer, that idea is actually a million times broader, and filled with other wonderful ideas and concepts that my story does little to illustrate... nothing even, on closer observation... but honestly... it's 1:30am at the moment. :p

I hope y'all are well and happy, and I'll leave you with this quote from 'Abdu'l-Bahá! :)

Being one, truth cannot be divided, and the differences that appear to exist among the many nations only result from their attachment to prejudice. If only men would search out truth, they would find themselves united.

POWERFUL STUFF! Right!? :D
UNITY! Through seeking truth.
:o

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment