Thursday, December 19, 2013

UPDATE! The long overdue kind.. :)

Okay, so I'm aware it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated this thing, but I'd like to have a go at resurrecting it again - so bear with me. :)


 
THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN HAPPENING:

Weekly devotionals!

Every Sunday morning I am blessed to be joined by friends from the community, who make their way to the Bahai center to sit with me as we read the writings of various religions together. :) I've been selecting the writings and trying to include writings from other faiths as much as possible, which has been interesting for me as it gives me a wonderful opportunity to read and learn more about the various themes I select each week. :) We have also been saying the long healing prayer each week, keeping in mind a number of people who have been added to our 'prayer list'. Hopefully they will feel our thoughts and prayers. x


Junior Youth!
Okay, so this one isn't actually 'happening'... but the hope is that it will! Eventually... hopefully soon! The main problem with this activity is that there are simply no JY hanging around. I hung posters around town to see if we'd get any interest, but no luck so far. I have recently contacted a local school about the possibility of introducing the Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program as an activity students can engage in after school on a Friday. Fingers crossed on that one! If not, another plan may need to be plotted... any suggestions on how to spread the word are totally welcome! :)


Volunteering!
 Less more recently. I'm starting with Girl Guides after the winter break, which is something I'm looking forward to. :) I was assisting with the 'Boys Brigade' until my internship, which unfortunately took up alot of my time. I'm hoping to hear back from the soon as well. I'm really excited about the possibility of volunteering at the local 'Youth Cafe', which sounds like an AWESOME place to meet JY. The number I've been given isn't working though, so I'm hoping to go by soon and have a chat with the staff there. :) SOON as well! Because I'm running out of months! :o

Internship!
So, for those who didn't know, I recently completed a 4 week internship at a local school here in Orkney. It was truly wonderful. An amazing school, with wonderful students and inspiring teachers! I can only hope that I get to work at a school like that someday in the future. :)


Aaaaand there you have it! The wonderful things that have been keeping me busy. :) Though, maybe not busy enough. I'm really hoping to be able to get something started and established with JY before leaving Orkney... but lots of prayers! :)

Oceans of love to you all!
God bless! :)

Ingrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment