Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ruhi 3 and Funky Plumbing!

I tutored a book 3 last week! :)

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. Things this week have been craaazy!
But I'll do my best to get you up to speed. :)

So last week was wonderful. I had the lovely opportunity of tutoring Ruth and Joe in Ruhi book 3, which is about 'Children's Classes Grade 1: Principles of Bahai Education,' and it was awesome. :) We finished it in three intensive sessions - minus the practical component which I'm hoping we'll be able to get into sometime in the next few weeks.

It's interesting. As a education student in my final semester, I have always been very passionate about this topic. However, I started to realize, going through these spiritual and highly relevant concepts in our little group, how important it is to reflect on these ideas regularly.

So here's the thing. As a teacher, I have always believed in the potentials and incredible capabilities of young people, and understood how incredibly important it is to nurture these gems as best as we can. However, looking back I'm starting to realize, that over the years with the whole process of going through the motions of teaching, writing assignments and awkwardly trial-and-erroring out my own style of educating... these ideas had almost grown stale in my mind. Not because I don't believe in them anymore, but because it's just not something I think about everyday.

But it should be!

At least I think so.
So now I have a vision.
If I ever have the chance to be a teacher, I hope that every day I can wake up every morning and remind myself of the incredibly significant role I am about to step into.
I hope I can grasp the importance of every word I am going to give and every idea I am going to share with my students.
I hope I can develop a constant awareness of the lives I'm about to influence, and as a result do the best job possible.

I think these are things I have always feared would eventually fade away... as though I would lose momentum of some kind and my passion would fade down into a 'job' or 'career' I go to for paying bills. But after doing Ruhi last week, I'm starting to feel that energy seeping back! Energy I didn't even realize may be slipping away.

Anyway, the point of all this is to say that the writings are amazing. They hold such wisdom and power! I feel so refreshed and excited after dedicating that time to their reflection. :) I think revisiting these things is important. At least for me, personally, I've found that they face me in the right direction and help remind me of those things that are really important in life. :)

Anyway, enough of that.
RUHI WAS GOOD!

Also, my water cut out for four days of so. Which was a little awkward... but fortunately I was rescued by the beautiful Miller family, who welcomed me into their home as it was getting repaired. :)
They are seriously wonderful! *Sends love!*

Anyway, I think that is all at this stage. I have an appointment tomorrow to arrange my volunteering opportunities! (YAY!) So hopefully there will be lots to write about in the following weeks. :)

LOVE!

Also, here is a quote to leave you with...

"Whoso ariseth among you to teach the Cause of his Lord, let him, before all else, teach his own self, that his speech may attract the hearts of them that hear him." - Baha'u'llah

No comments:

Post a Comment